December 21, 2010

Reformed Reading List

This is my master Reformed Reading List as it currently stands:


BIBLES


English Bible: New International Version (My review; Available at Amazon and free here)

English Study Bible: ESV Study Bible (My review; Available at Amazon) 

Children's Bible: Jesus storybook Bible (My review; Available at Amazon)



CHURCH

Baptism: The baptism of disciples alone by Fred Malone (My review; Available at Amazon)

Church health: What is a healthy church? by Mark Dever (My review; Available at Amazon)

Church involvement: What is a healthy church member by Thabiti Anyabwile (My review; Available at Amazon)

Committing to church: Stop dating the church by Joshua Harris (My review; Available at Amazon)

Listening to sermons: Listen Up! by Christopher Ash (My review; Available at Amazon)



CHRISTIAN LIFE

Fear of man: When people are big and God is small by Edward Welch (My review; Available at Amazon)

Guidance/Will of God/Decision making: Decision making and the will of God by Garry Friesen (My review; Available at Amazon)

Prayer: A call to a spiritual reformation by D A Carson (My review; Available at Amazon)

Poverty: The Poverty of Nations by Grudem and Asmus (My review; Available at Amazon)

Spiritual disciplines: Spiritual disciplines for the Christian life by Donald S Whitney (My review; Available at Amazon)

Suffering: Help! I have breast cancer by Brenda Frields (My review; Available at Amazon)



WITNESSING

Apologetic method: Tactics by Gregory Koukl (My review; Available at Amazon)

Biblical success: Liberating ministry from the success syndrome by Kent and Barbara Hughes (My review; Available at Amazon)

Evangelism: The gospel and personal evangelism by Mark Dever (My review; Available at Amazon)

Revival: Revival by Lloyd-Jones (My review; Available at Amazon)



FAMILY, RELATIONSHIPS

Abortion: Abortion by Peter Barnes (My review; Available at Amazon)

Death of children: Safe in the arms of God by John Macarthur (My review; Available at Amazon)

Homosexuality: Straight and narrow by Thomas E Schmidt (My review; Available at Amazon)

Lust: Sex is not the problem (lust is) by Joshua Harris (My review; Available at Amazon)

Marriage: God, marriage and family by Andreas J Kostenberger and David W Jones (My review; Available at Amazon)

Marriage (Courting): Boy meets girl by Joshua Harris (My review; Available at Amazon)

Marriage (Husbands): Sex, romance, and the glory of God by CJ Mahaney (My review; Available at Amazon)

Marriage (Wives): Feminine appeal by Carolyn Mahaney (My review; Available at Amazon)



THEOLOGY

Bible Dictionary: New Bible Dictionary edited by I Howard Marshall et al (My review; Available at Amazon)

Church history: Church history in plain language by Bruce Shelley (My review; Available at Amazon)

False religions: Kingdom of cults by Walter Martin (My review; Available at Amazon)

Reformed theology: Reformed doctrine of predestination by Lorraine Boettner (My review; Available at Amazon)

Roman Catholicism: Nothing in my hand I bring by Ray Galea (My review; Available at Amazon)

Theology (Advanced): The Baptist Confession of Faith 1689 by Peter Masters (My review; Available at Amazon)

Theology (Beginner): Big truths for young hearts by Bruce Ware (My review; Available at Amazon)

Theology (Reference): Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem (My review; Available at Amazon)


List last updated: 19th June 2015

No comments: